History of the company began by opening in March 1919 the first military uniform factory. Since February, 1922, the factory moved to the mass production of civilian clothes and became known as «Gomodezhda». In April 1928 — the factory was renamed to «Comintern».
In 1964 the company reorganized to Gomel Production Garment Association “Comintern”
During the process of formation, the factory has been revised its organizational structure, the foreign equipment of firms «Pfaff», «Strobel», «zinger» (Germany); «AMFREECE» (Czech Republic); «Juki» «Brizay» (Japan); «Rimoldi», «Makpy» (Italy); «Eastman» (USA) was purchased, the modern technologies were introduced. And as a result, Gomel Production Garment Association «Comintern» became the only specialized company in the country for the production of men classical suits.
In 1993 GPGA “Comintern” was reorganized to JSC “Comintern” by corporatisation. The process of corporatisation was complited in 1995.
Actively reequipment and technological renovation of production is constantly being held. Modern machines and equipment, allowing to automate the production and improve the quality of products are integrated.
Since 2006, the enterprise policy of development of the range has been revised, that allowed to establish clear target segments and positioning strategy. As a result, in 2007 collection of men’s suits for the youth under the trademark «CITY LIFE» was introduced to the market, since 2009 — a line of men classical suits of the «premium» class under the trademark «VALEROSSO». The next step was the rollout to the market in 2010 under the trademark «MAN WAY» — a collection of men classical suits of business class.
Collection are updated annually of more than 60% in accordance with the requirements of the consumer and fashion trends.
In 2014 the company celebrated its 95th anniversary.
By 2016, 14 company stores are working in Belarus.